Slow Down and Relax in the Comfort of your Home, Office, or Ski Villa With our Qualified Massage Professionals! Call today!!
For many, relaxation is a skill! At Stone Chi Massage Vancouver, a mobile relaxation is great for a beginner to massage who is not seeking major muscle therapy, but just needs to relax. According to Dr. Tiffany Field who leads a touch research institute at the University of Miami Medical School, “Massage has been noted to relax the nervous system by slowing heart rate and blood pressure. Stress and pain hormones are also decreased by massage, reducing pain and enhancing immune function.”
Relaxation massage is a foundation massage for deep tissue sports massage amongst other modalities. It involves gentle to firm applied pressure in Classic Swedish massage strokes. Our caring practitioners apply long strokes, including kneading, effleurage, petrissage, and skin rolling, to increase blood circulation, and gently relax the muscles. When the muscles are sufficiently warmed, a mobile Swedish massage session will take your relaxation to the next level.
Each session includes a custom blend of aroma oils. Your choice of Lavender, Peppermint, or Citrus will enhance, relax, enliven, and reduce states of mental fatigue and unrest. Heated eye pillows and warm towels are also applied during the treatment. We bring soothing music and candles to provide a complete spa service in the comfort of your home. In short we are here to provide for your energetic needs of the day, while bringing you a premier mobile to-the-door spa service.
Who May Benefit and How
- Many who may not be able to handle the stronger effects of a deep tissue or hot stone massage will benefit from the gentle rhythmic relaxation techniques of this modality.
- Survivors of abuse
- People recovering from addictions
- Anyone whose nervous system has been challenged
- People with Chronic fatigue
How does Massage Work to Relax me?
The soothing touch and quiet nurturance of a this treatment will enable the parasympathetic response to engage, allowing each client to slow down and go into a healing state of rest. Here are more positive effects a therapeutic relaxation massage will benefit clients:
- It pushes blood towards the heart, increasing circulation and detoxifying toxins through the lymphatic system.
- Increases blood flow and relaxes tight muscle tissues.
- Improves a client’s health and helps them avoid colds and flus. (Increases oxytocin (OT) levels, which leads to a decrease in hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal (HPA) activity and enhanced immune function.)
- Decreases Anxiety and Depression: When people come in for a massage, they are often in a sympathetic nervous state.
- Promotes an overall sense of well-being.
So allow us to melt you into relaxed oblivion! Book with us today!
Stone Chi Massage
#25, 1410 West 13th Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia